PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
New Hope Rescue Inc. thanks you for seeking to adopt a rescue animal. Our goal is to place our rescued pets in permanent, loving homes. We understand this application/contract is lengthy, but it has been formulated through years of experience and with the assistance of veterinarians to ensure the permanency of placement and to minimize the risk of a failed adoption. Please complete this application/contract so that we at New Hope Rescue Inc. can assist you in finding a special, compatible companion to join your family.
Completion of this application does not guarantee approval by New Hope Rescue Inc. In order to be considered, you must :
11. be 18 years of age or older
12. be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment, and
proper care for the animal you want to adopt
13. NEVER sell, trade, or give away the Pet to anyone without the written consent of New Hope Rescue Inc. 14. never relinquish this Pet to any shelter or pound, whether “no-kill” or otherwise. I will notify New Hope
Rescue Inc. if I am unable or unwilling to keep this Pet, and I will return this Pet to New Hope Rescue Inc. after arrangements have been made for such return.
15. keep all immunizations current and updated according to a veterinarian’s schedule
16. give this dog a monthly heart worm preventative containing ivermectin for its entire life.
17. keep the pet primarily indoors, interacting with my family, and not banish it to the outdoors. I will never
tie the pet to a chain or rope or leave him/her unattended for long periods.The pet will be exercised in a
fenced yard or on a leash and will not be allowed to roam the streets.
18. agree that if the pet is a cat, to keep the cat indoors at all times unless it is specifically adopted as a barn
cat and that it will never be subjected to surgical removal of its claws.
19. that the pet SHALL NOT be physically altered in any manner (docking tails, cropping ears, declawing,
20. I will comply with all state and local ordinances in the confinement, care, and licensing of this Pet.
21. I will reclaim this pet promptly, and pay any required fees, if it is picked up by an animal control agency.
IF THIS PET IS EVER STOLEN OR LOST, ADOPTER AGREES THAT HE/SHE WILL TAKE ALL REASONABLE STEPS TO FIND THE PET AND WILL IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY NEW HOPE RESCUE INC. SUCH REASONABLE STEPS, INCLUDE, BUT ARE LIMITED TO, POSTING SIGNS IN THE VICINITY OF WHERE THE PET WENT MISSING AND CHECKING AREA POUNDS AND SHELTERS. IN THE EVENT THAT NEW HOPE RESCUE INC. OR ANY OF ITS AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES HAVE TO RETRIEVE THE DOG FROM ANY POUND, SHELTER, OR PERSON THAT IS IN POSSESSION OF THE PET AFTER ADOPTER HAS BEEN NOTIFIED, ADOPTER AGREES TO IMMEDIATELY REIMBURSE NEW HOPE RESCUE OR ITS AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES FOR ANY AMOUNTS EXPENDED IN PROCURING THE PET’S SAFE RETURN, AND NEW HOPE RESCUE INC. RESERVES THE RIGHT IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION TO DETERMINE WHETHER THE DOG SHALL BE RETURNED TO ADOPTER OR RETAINED BY US.
22. if adopted as a puppy or kitten, shall complete the booster series of 3 shots along with rabies.
23. to obtain immediate vet care for the pet should it become sick or injured and takes full financial
responsibility for such care. We suggest that you take your new animal to the vet during the first two weeks after you receive your new pet, New Hope Rescue Inc. will not pay for this vet visit or any resulting treatment.
24. New Hope Rescue Inc. makes no explicit or implicit guarantees in reference to the health and/or temperament of the pet. The pet is adopted “as is” and the Adopter assumes all responsibility for treatment of any and all existing conditions, or any other conditions of physical or temperament changes that may occur. New Hope Rescue Inc. cannot guarantee the health of any animal, and shall not be held responsible for any medical expenses which may be incurred, and is hereby expressly excluding any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, including and without limitation, any warranties regarding health or temperament, including whether the animal is housebroken.
By signing this application, you as the adopter agree that in the unfortunate event you should you decide not to keep your pet for whatever reason, you will immediately contact New Hope Rescue Inc. and return the pet to New Hope Rescue. The “hard copy” vet and microchip information, along with the rabies tag, must also be
returned. You accept the responsibility of fostering or boarding the animal till a foster home becomes available.
HOLD HARMLESS/ INDEMNIFICATION
NEW HOPE RESCUE (AND ITS OFFICERS, BOARD OF DIRECTORS, VOLUNTEERS, AFFILIATED ENTITIES, AND/OR AGENTS) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO ADOPTER ON ANY THEORY OF LEGAL LIABILITY INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE NEGLIGENCE OF NEW HOPE RESCUE INC (AND/OR ITS OFFICERS, BOARD OF DIRECTORS, VOLUNTEERS AND/OR AGENTS), FOR ANY INJURY, DEATH OR DAMAGE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY CAUSED BY PET. ADOPTER DOES HEREBY RELEASE NEW HOPE RESCUE (AND ITS OFFICERS, BOARD OF DIRECTORS, VOLUNTEERS AND/OR AGENTS) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, SUITS, OBLIGATIONS, DEMANDS, OR CAUSES OF ACTION, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, FORESEEN OR UNFORESEEN, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO PET OR NEW HOPE RESCUE’S RELEASE OF PET TO ADOPTER. IT IS THE EXPRESSED INTENTION OF ADOPTER AND NEW HOPE RESCUE THAT THE RELEASE PROVIDED FOR IN THIS PARAGRAPH IS DESIGNED AND INTENDED TO PROTECT NEW HOPE RESCUE INC (AND ITS OFFICERS, BOARD OF DIRECTORS, VOLUNTEERS, AND/OR AGENTS) FROM ANY PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS BY ADOPTER OR OTHERS AND FROM THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY HARM, BEHAVIOR, OR OTHER ACTION BY PET, AND FROM THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY ACT OR OMISSION OR NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF NEW HOPE RESCUE INC (AND ITS OFFICERS, BOARD OF DIRECTORS, VOLUNTEERS AND/OR AGENTS) IN OBTAINING CUSTODY OF PET, IN PROVIDING CARE FOR PET, IN TRAINING OR NOT TRAINING PET, OR IN FAILING TO PROVIDE TIMELY OR ADEQUATE WARNING TO ANY PERSON CONCERNING PET.,
THAT NEW HOPE RESCUE INC. DOES NOT MAKE ANY GUARANTEES REGARDING THE AGE, NATURE, BREED, TEMPERAMENT, OR HEALTH OF THIS PET.
Adopter assumes all risks and responsibility including the financial responsibility of ownership of this pet once he/she is in my possession and that New Hope Rescue Inc. is not in any way responsible for such costs incurred.
If I fail to fully and timely comply with the terms of this contract, I will, voluntarily, immediately release ownership, possession, custody and control of this Pet to New Hope Rescue Inc., and if I fail to do so, New Hope Rescue Inc. will be entitled to enforce specific performance of this contract in addition to any other legal remedy available to New Hope Rescue Inc.
- that all information in the Adoption Application is true, complete, and correct and agree that any false or misleading statement thereon will constitute a breach of this contract. If any information contained on Adopter's Adoption Application is untrue, Adopter expressly agrees that New Hope Rescue Inc. may retake custody of Pet without refunding adoption fee and without recourse by Adopter, and Adopter agrees to relinquish the Pet to New Hope Rescue Inc.
- that the breach by Adopter of this Agreement would damage New Hope Rescue Inc. in a way that could not be adequately compensated by monetary damages. The parties therefore agree that the breach or threatened breach by Adopter of this Agreement may appropriately be restrained by an injunctive order for Adopter to return Pet to New Hope Rescue Inc., granted by a court of appropriate jurisdiction. Adopter further agrees that the actual damages that might be sustained by New Hope Rescue by reason of the breach by Adopter of this Agreement are uncertain and would be difficult of ascertainment, and that, in addition to the injunctive relief agreed to above, the sum of $800 would be reasonable compensation for such monetary damages and attorney's fees. Adopter hereby promises to pay and New Hope Rescue Inc. hereby agrees to accept, such sum as liquidated damages, and not as a penalty, in the event of such breach.
In consideration of the promises and statements to follow herein, New Hope Rescue Inc. (Rescuer), and the undersigned (Adopter), having read and in full understanding, do willingly enter this agreement with the intent to be legally bound by this agreement and hereby consent and agree to the following: The Adopter hereby declares that neither representations about the nature of the adopted pet, nor any representations regarding the nature and extent of legal liability, or of financial responsibility have induced the adopter to sign this contract.
The Adopter hereby acknowledges the following provisions as defined:
Fee: Pets can be returned for a refund of all but $50 for 14 days after the adoption. The adoption fee is not a sale price, but requested to defer or reimburse Rescuer for any and all medical expenses, or any other expenses incurred by the dog or Rescuer.
Things You Should Know
• Almost all of our animals have recently come from shelters. If the animal appears to be in good health we usually make them available for adoption the day they arrive. We will tell you about any problems we are aware of but you are responsible to carefully examine the pet before adoption.
• All of our pets are fixed, vaccinated, and most are dewormed and microchipped before they go home with their new family.
• We cannot guarantee anything about any animal. We promise to accurately describe the behavior, house training etc. that we observe but those behaviors can change when a pet goes to a new environment.
• Sometimes a dog starts to show signs of kennel cough or cats develop upper respiratory infections after they arrive in their new home. It can take up to 14 days to show up. In most cases kennel cough does not require any treatment. Its usually like having a cold. Upper respiratory infections in cats usually require antibiotics. After adopting you are financially responsible for all medical treatment.
• We usually hold young puppies for two weeks to try to ensure that they do not have Parvo. Please ask us if your puppy has been quarantined. If your new puppy is vomiting at all or has diarrhea for more than 12 hrs after adoption please call us right away. We will ask questions that will help you decide what needs to be done. Many animals have diarrhea due to the stress of changing homes. 719-748-1277 or text 719-622-1399
• A lot of our animals come from shelters in NM – the tick capital of the world. We do our best to remove all their ticks but some times we miss a tick or two.
• Once you adopt you are fully responsible for all the medical care of your new pet.
• It can take a week or two for a new pet to get comfortable and relax in a new home. It may take a
little while for them to understand the behavior you expect from them.
• We charge more for puppies because it helps discourage unscrupulous people from adopting and
selling the pups. It also helps us pay for medical treatment for sick pups and allows us to rescue adult
cats - their medical care is usually more than their adoption fees.
• All of our workers are animal lovers that volunteer many hrs. a week to be a bridge for these pets to
find their forever homes.
• If there is a problem we will do our best to resolve it. Most problems are easily correctable. You can
call 719-748-1277 if you have a problem. You can find a blank copy of the adoption application at
newhoperescue.homestead.com if you need to refer to your agreement.
• If you cannot keep your adopted pet please let us know. We will either take the pet back or help you
find a new, safe home for the pet. We will refund all but $50 of the adoption fee if you need to return
the pet in the first 14 days.
• Small dogs are more likely to bite or nip. Please consider this carefully if you have small children.
They are also harder to house train.
• Contact the rescue by phone 719-748-1277 or text 719-622-1399 email@example.com